If you wanna take a break from all the sugar rush and calories coming from delightful Halloween sweet treats, try this healthy, vegetarian, quick and easy Halloween savory snack.
1 mini pumpkin (also used for serving)
3 tbsp roasted sesame seeds
1/2 cup of Boiled and mashed chickpeas
3 garlic cloves
3 green chillies (Optional – I didn’t use them)
1.5 tbsp Olive oil
1 tbsp cumin powder
1 tbsp cayenne powder
1 tbsp paprika
1 tbsp salt
1. Carve the pumpkin from inside. Keep the outer shell aside.
2. Separate the pumpkin seeds from its flesh.
3. Roast the seeds on low heat on a flat pan till they are lightly browned and toasted.
4. Put the carved inside pieces (pumpkin flesh) in boiling water for 5 mins or till the pumpkin pieces are a dente.
5. Drain the boiled pieces.
6. Take a mixer.
7. Add these boiled pumpkin pieces and rest of the ingredients and blend/puree. Your hummus is ready 😀
8. Remove this hummus into your pumpkin shell.
9. Garnish with toasted pumpkin seeds and coriander leaves.
10. Serve with Pita chips, lavash bread or regular chips.