Whenever you serve ice-cream, you serve it either in a cup, bowl or cone. So why not serve it in a cup you made yourself from chocolate? I love this recipe because its fun, easy, quick classy. I found myself have so much fun while making this. Anything related to balloons is always fun, isn’t it? 🙂 Also, its my first video blog post… so pardon the amateurish video and editing skills. I promise, I will get better with time.
Watch the video:
Semi-sweet or bitter sweet chocolate chips – thats it!
3 cups = 3 or 4 fistful chocolate chips.
Toppings: your choice
I have used berries, ice-cream, walnuts and caramel sauce and powdered sugar dusting.
- Blow balloons and keep aside.
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler. You don’t want the chocolate to become extremely thin. Keep stirring while its melting. The chocolate melts in 5-10 mins.
- Pour your melted chocolate in a bowl. Keep aside to cool off little bit. The bowl should be big enough to dip balloon into. The balloon should not touch edges of the bowl when you dip it.
- Take a tray. Put a wax paper sheet on it.
- Create a small circular base for your cup with the melted chocolate.
- Dip your balloons into the chocolate bowl and place them on this base.
- Refrigerate for 45 mins to an hour or till the cups become hard and the base easily separates from the wax paper
- Pop the balloons with a sharp knife or toothpick
- Peel the balloons
- Your cups are ready! Wohoo!
- Garnish with ice-cream, fresh cream, nuts, fruits, berries – whatever you want.
- The cup edges aren’t smooth… but I love rustic! 🙂